Friday, March 30, 2018

Each step is coming together!

it took me most of today to get everything put together properly...but DAMN....I'm proud of it! Because I did this RIGHT this time...I redesigned the depth of the stairs to be only 12" for the first four steps so the landing (also my main closet) could be larger (closer to 20"). It makes way more sense for my closet and I LOVE how it turned out. This decision also worked out perfectly for buying pine treads at Home Depot for very little money and cutting them in half to exactly what I needed. The top tread also worked out perfectly as I just needed to cut off the rounded end and notch one side and glued them together to have a nice platform!
basic stair skeleton put together.
the closet will be the two steps farthest right...nice opening

Love how my new idea turned out for boxing it all in!

 
Success and satisfaction....that's one happy hippie girl!














Earlier (in the first pic) I had tried to use up the 1/4 plywood to sheath the stairs...but i hated how it looked on the side, no classy way to finish it off. So, I ripped it off and brainstormed. Instead I realized to add both strength and tie in the rest of the look of the living area I would just use the barnboard! It was a brilliant idea and solved a ton of problems...had to add a few boards in certain places because I hadn't planned ahead, but it wasn't too difficult to unscrew the structure to add the extra boards. And it was SO worth any little bit of extra effort!

I absolutely love how it all came together, is totally solid and beautiful. I'm so thrilled right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...