I can't complain about the break...it's nice to just enjoy some time going slow and relaxing these days...but I've had a few projects that were thought out and planned with all the materials that I hadn't executed so....this weekend was the time to get it done.
First I needed to trim out the octogon window ....so I cut out a solid board to cover up the back side of the t111 and hide the edges of the octogon frame. I have more to do...this was just phase one...but still satisfying....stay tuned for the big reveal later on!
|drilling the holes|
|sliding mirror installed!|
I painted the back so it can be visible when over the window...I think it came out pretty well...even if not perfectly lined up! -wabri-sawbri 😆
|the backside of the mirror|
|view from outside looking in.|
Last but not least was finishing my flower power lights that I started back in June! Finally, those are out together and hung...I may add to them more later...but for now...yeah, I get mood lighting with like 16 different colors!
|my cozy little corner|
|the whole put together look so far!|
Also prepped the deck with a Power wash and tomorrow plan to slap on the stain to protect it for the next six years! To prep for that, I also did some touch-up paint to clean up the outside where white got on the blue from painting the roof.
|deck prep...even after a year it needed the wash!|
|big white spots are now gone!|