Thursday, May 21, 2020

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up.

I just needed to walk away and take a break.

So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian trail! I'm over two months in and have been trying to consciously avoid thinking about anything from home... and my life before I started this hike March 1st. (You can follow me at www.naturespirit.me )

But then I was pulled back in because the marina was sold and now there is a new owner. Covid bought me some time, but now things are opening back up and they are planning new construction and moving things around. While in a hostel in Front Royal, VA I got a call from the marina. I need to get insurance to be in the yard, period. 

I had tried once with the marina recommended insurance company with no luck. But now I was offered new advice... Call your home insurance company. So I called liberty mutual and told them..."I have a she shed that I built on someone else property and I need it insured to keep it there and to move it... Can you help me?" Not only did I get it immediately added to my policy as personal property but they also confirmed that if I did put it on a dock on a mooring they would continue to insure it under the same policy! Wow... That was so easy! 

So that was step one in my plan to get this in the water this year. Step two is to fill out a mooring application for a dock and see if it gets approved. (That will be mailed out soon!) 

I need to have the carpenter resecure the barrels since it seems the winds have been making the screws back off and the barrels have fallen out. If Steve can do that while I'm gone then there is a chance the marina will use their truck to put me in the water and then I'll have US tow boat hail me over two houses to the mooring! If I don't sink then I'm good till October!

If it starts to sink... Maybe the marina will buy it (there must be some interest because I was already asked if I was willing to sell it)

So I'm feeling this will all work out just fine... Because honestly, everything is always working out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...