Thursday, October 26, 2017

The waiting game ends...the skeleton will be ready before Halloween!

I've been waiting on the Marina for almost three weeks and I've had enough!

It is time
to get the building GOING!

I've spent the time to finally go back to the drawing board with my new dimension (10' x 20') and did a general layout of the walls and roof. 

After a brief consultation with my knowledgeable carpenter friend...I will update the plans tonight and lay out the wood into their wall sections tomorrow ready for assembly on Sat! I can hardly believe I will have the walls and roof skeleton done this weekend!



All the warping that happened earlier was beautifully fixed with my care in placing six jacks spread out strategically under the structure. 

I gave up on trying to float test it, just can't wait for the marina any longer....besides I (and many others) are convinced it will float just fine!

I've ordered straps from the lumberyard that they use to bundle the wood piles I've been ordering, they have been fantastic at helping me find solutions to issues coming up and supplying me with the resources (at a reasonable rate too!). Jackson Lumber....I love you guys, man!

Plenty to do....and I'm so happy I'll be completing my goal to have this enclosed before the cold weather arrives (and what a birthday gift to myself that will be!)! yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...