Friday, November 17, 2017

The doors are in!

Can I just say...,WOW!!!! Fucking wow!
This is the most real that any of this has felt....roof totally on and now structure totally enclosed.

Accomplished my goals pre-thanksgiving trip and bday....to get I all enclosed before i leave and tomorrow I leave!

Had to add the end blocks to where the new Joist location is that made room for the boat hatch...











...then had to add the end pieces to box it in. Finally zipped down the loft roof and put the ice shield on it and Harper it up for the winter.

Dave stopped by to help me install the doors and it was surprisingly simply! Great design by Anderson for sure. It’s will be temporary as I will take them out again when the boat goes in the water just to make sure the structure doesn’t damage them.

Looking forward to a week off...but then again, now the fun really begins! Getting the windows installed and doing the decorative trim I have in mind are really gonna be places this project will shine for me!

Looking forward to the next phase!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...