Saturday, March 31, 2018

Finishing details

Finished off the barnboard details
 I managed to finish off the stair installation this morning and glue the treads down into place. Except for the bottom one, which I plan to make a storage box with the tread lifting up with a hing....still have to figure that one out. But at least the bulk of the work is done!

I used hard as nails to glue the stairs in place and was thrilled that they came out level in all directions without needing the pack of shims I bought! I'm getting better at this carpentry stuff! (I'm so proud of myself!)

I also buckled down and almost finish trimming out the loft windows. I wanted to do something creative to cover up the seams of the plywood, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted so, I scrapped that idea, took the loss in money and went for the materials I had on hand...the leaf trim that I hand stained. Not only did it work out perfectly covering the mistakes I had made....but it's beautiful and ties everything in!
treads stained and ready to install

laying out the fabric - first 3 yards
 I was also determined to finish covering up all the insulation this weekend, so this time I decided to just go to the fabric store and splurge on fabric that really spoke to me to cover it up. Now that I know how easy it is to just tuck in....well, that was something I knew I could easily finish up.

I love LOVE the look of aqua/turqoise with deep rich wood colors...so since I didn't get the exact color I wanted for behind the mandala in the salon, I got a more vibrant one for the loft. Plus it will tie in perfectly with the bedspread I found in the fall last year! Again...things coming together so nicely...they always seem to when you follow your heart...follow your true dreams of your true self!

cutting it up...tedious, but oh so satisfying!


before
After!
It felt really good to see so much done...sometimes its the little details we overlook, and don't realize how much those little details really contribute to the vision coming together. I added little 1/4 round trim along the corners of the loft as well and only have a few more things and I'm pretty much done! Hard to believe how close I'm getting to finishing it all up! I can so taste it....but love savoring what is currently in my mouth...it's watering just being here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...