Sunday, April 1, 2018

things are heating up!

Stair treads installed!

And looking FAB-U-LOUS!!!

finally trimmed out the crooked window!

up close details...damn I am getting GOOD! ;-)

I am so happy at the outcome of these stairs!

NEVER GIVE UP! 

that's my lesson.












It felt so fabulous to trim out these windows that have been waiting so long. I don't know what I was avoiding...

suppose I was just waiting for the proper inspiration to come along and tie it together for me....I'm glad I waited...I love it.
Finally all of the insulation is covered...
last barnboard row sets it apart and i love it
I got a super HUGE surprise in the mail today...I just put my order for this stove in...it said it would be 3-4 weeks...I got it in 3-4 days! AMAZING....so I spent the end of today installing the wall hanging unit where I wanted it. Aiming to have the top of the stove at countertop height so it will feel like a regular cooking stove next to the counter! And it will be near the futon, so it will be fun to cuddle up on it and get warm with a nice cup of tea or cacao drink! :-)

getting ready for the wood burning stove!

The best part was having my kids happily hang with me all day. Sure it was Easter, but we bought them some material of their choosing so they could cuddle in for a movie later and they learned some skills and practiced some techniques as well as lent me much needed hands to help  me make sure everything was level and solid! Awesome helpers!

having fun with the drill gun.

undoing some of my earlier stair mistakes



popping packing bubbles was the highlight for this gal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...