Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Huge involvement...moving on up

I managed to lay out and stain the stairs and feel so much better about them this time around.
Amazing how having a second chance to do something that failed the first time can result in such an improved result! I'm sure the third, fourth, and fifth times would be even better...but at some point you have to say....this is "good enough"....there is no "perfect" and be happy and satisfied.

I'm hoping that's how I feel after the stairs are done!

laying things out to visualize my idea in 3d

staining the boards for the finished look

installing the major supporting points

things coming out pretty square and level!
I had a tough night, tired and distracted, reminding myself to enjoy the journey and not rush...kept cutting the boards wrong and forgetting what stage I was on...confusing myself unnecessarily. Realizing how much this parallels my life right now. How much thought I put into things...how "hugely involved" I am in things.

It's a good thing though, to be "hugely involved", I'm grateful that that is in my personality, because I don't want to be one of those people always envious of what other people are doing, the lives they are living...I want to always be "hugely involved" in my own life and each decision I make so that the vision I have of my life will come true. Involvement is so important...involvement is EVERYTHING!

I highly recommend to go out and be HUGELY INVOLVED in your own life too! It may not be convenient, or easy or even seem worth it sometimes....but I SWEAR to you from personal experience of currently living it.... It's amazing!!!

Just look at what kind of things you can accomplish in as little as 7 months! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...