Sunday, May 20, 2018

it's the little things...that make up the big things

I spent today focusing on one small task to lead the way for the big huge monumental task...rebuilding the flotation.

I woke up with a new clearer vision in my head about the direction I need to go in (and thanked the universe for the inspiration)...the only problem is after I ordered the initial boards to get phase one accomplished and did the work today to prepare....gulp, I realized, (gulp again)....I will have to move support stands in order to accomplish this. No easy or comfortable task!

Yup, once again, no "easy" way out....but I guess that's the pattern I'm noticing these days....nothing has been "easy".

And yet, I already knew that starting this project....I knew that as of the last almost 3 years. That's what happens when you wake up one day and realize....you could have "easy" and be "asleep"...or you could take the "path less traveled", follow your heart and passion, while hugely involved and fully awake...and naturally, it's harder, takes more effort, more time, more patience, more desire, more humility, more drive, but the payouts are proportional to what you put into it.

....and so, harder it is....since I put in a special order for it! ;-)

Doesn't mean I can't feel overwhelmed at times (which, yeah I'm feeling about now)....but it also doesn't mean sometimes, the universe won't give me a break and help things to go really smoothly either!

So, for today I just put on my 70's road trip music mix and cruised along to undoing all the work I did in the fall to make sure the barrels fit nice and tight. This little fix will actually lighten the load a bit in preparation for the new boards.

taking off boards and repositioning the hurricane straps.

in the "zone", beautiful warm day enjoying the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...