Saturday, May 19, 2018

Counter Tops bought!

Today was a mostly indoor day with the rain. I managed to make some decisions that I was hesitating making....Realizing that sometimes I can't plan everything out and have to just do the only next step I am inspired to do. In this case...I knew I needed to order the 24' boards for building my three pontoons....I'll figure out the next steps after I see how creating the chords for those go.

I also knew I wanted rough cut lumber as my countertops and I wanted to finish them off myself...So today...I picked them out at Bartletts Sawmill and had him plane both sides giving me a thickness of 1.5 inches .





 I love them!







.....and am so excited to sand them down, clean them up and oil them down! I'm not entirely sure the best way to do the whole process...I just know I need to make it food grade ready so I don't have to worry about chemicals on food that will be placed on it. 

I also did a super fun thing....Stenciled out a mandala on my little firewood box! I love this shit! 

The other decision I made today is to order 1/4 inch plywood to cover over the target based roofing I meant to be temporary over winter....But can't really pull it off the surface it's on. So in order to do either the rubber waterproofing from Cinservation technologies or the waterproof desktop roof I will still need a fresh start ....So adding the 1/4 inch was the best and easiest option. I also realized I can commit to one roof at a time if I have to....Starting with the loft and installing the boat hatch. So, that helps me feel more like I can do this on my own without relying on someone to help me out like I did earlier in this project. Don't know it's it's I am enjoying working alone or if I've just gained more confidence...Or perhaps a bit of both....But it's what I feel inspired to do....So onward I move...In the direction of my insoiration!

My goal is to get the painting, trim, roof top, counter and raft done in the next four weeks and have her on the water.  Here's to dreaming big!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...