Friday, May 18, 2018

Primed for the next chapter

I gave up!

Rolling and brushing the primer on has proven to be a hugely ineffective way to deal with T1-11.
The roller seems to soak up more primer and has a hard time releasing the primer onto the board!

I looked into renting an air painter but realized it would be cheaper to just buy my own...Besides it would be something I could use on other projects, in a few years if I do end up having to repaint and would eliminate any time pressures.... Especially with all the rain lately!

Knowing what I know now after working all day with the spray gun....I would only ever recommend starting and back bruahing T1-11. You can't get away from the back brushing. The T1-11 is so porous that the sprayer does the best job of penetrating the fibers if the board, but the brush is still needed to really work it in. I see now the benefit and absolute necessity of the primer. The more this surface and those damned grooves in between can be sealed and smoothed with primer, the better the paint will stick and apply in the first place!

So, once I got into it...Like everything you initially dread...A simple attitude adjustment and determination and it was nice to just try to do my best.

And when the day was done and I stepped back...I felt I HAD done my best...And that was a nice feeling!



Plus an added bonus...They moved Erins tiny house next to my little home and come to find out...Mine didn't look nearly as large next to hers as it was looking all alone. I think having the smaller windows really makes it look big....Notice how her normal house sized windows makes hers look really small!
. Oh The illusions we let our minds believe!

Makes me feel even better about my plan to rebuild with three double Barrell pontoons and feeling more confident that the extra height in the loft won't throw off the stability with all the bouancy I'll gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...