Monday, May 14, 2018

physical setbacks and time to plan

sometimes.... ok probably ALL the time.... the universe has ways of saying...or for me YELLING...
"Hey, slow down and smell the roses"

Two weeks ago she said it to me my last day of skiing for the weekend


Yesterday she said it with a rolling stone (that had no moss)!


Notice how it's the same damn leg! Ugggg....and finally beautiful weather!
Well, at least in the process of the resting, staying off my legs/feet and thinking I've been given some insights on how to finish off the roof and the raft. 

I priced out options for straightforward pressure treated lumber. from Home Depot...NO more extra expense on the finest most expensive salt-water pressure treated stuff....nope....I've see the common stuff the marina uses and it's been holding up for years. this will also free me up to not have to wait around for special orders.

I priced some out to get my estimates together and figure I will just build one row of barrels at a time taking breaks in between as I go to vary up the tasks. I plan to finally learn my notching skills and do that instead of buying more hardware. 

 
  


I also decided I will go with a waterproof rooftop decking material that is all-in-one and do it in phases....first the loft roof so I can install the boat hatch and finish up the loft area so I can finally roll out the futon mattress that is sitting up there. Then I will deal with the larger roof and install the stove since I have all the attachments I need for that now! I will have to wait a minimum amount of time for the silicon to cure so any bright and dry day will work. Now, to just get it all ordered while I'm resting my ailments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...