Friday, May 11, 2018

time to paint!

Finally, the rain is clearing up and I can get the primer on....
Only it wasn't an easy job like I had hoped!

The paint-advice guy in the store told me it would take 2 hours while I drank my coffee....maybe my problem is I DON'T DRINK COFFEE! Instead, I drink a raw cacao drink mixed with cinnamon, cloves and some tumeric.... And this two hours turned into a full day....and I'm still not done!

Took me a while to tape up the trim and the decking. Then I finally got set up with painting, figured out a system that worked ....that didn't really get resolved until the sun was going down. Paint-advice-guy advised me to do two coats...Maia the store gal, told me one would be fine as I walked in complaining that I needed at least one more gallon on top of the three I had already used (for only ONE coat). The T1-11 just absorbs it so quickly that one full roller of it only seems to spread a few feet. Then, on top of it....by the time I rolled out most of the wide spaces on the siding I was still left with the little lines in between....

NOTE TO SELF: NEVER USE T1-11 SIDING AGAIN!

taping the place up

looks are deceiving...not even close to being done 

I had the energy just not the light to keep going.
After killing my hand trying to use a paintbrush to go between the lines I've decided to look into renting a paint gun....after looking at rental prices, I decided to buy one and see how it goes...besides I will most likely use it for other projects as well.

Unfortunately, I may not get to finish it off tomorrow...weather once again not looking good! DAMN...it's great for my garden, just not my exterior painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...