Sunday, May 6, 2018

books have a home and continuing trimming out the place

This weekend I couldn't start the priming on the siding because of all the rain....my contact from the paint store was adamant about letting the surface dry for a week in between painting and rain! DAMN that doesn't help me getting into the water any time soon!

Oh, well, now I'm really learning to juggle...and fit things in where they can when they can. So, with rain stopping outside work, I focused on some fun inside stuff...

Got some bookshelves installed and I'm loving them! Customizing them to the books I love most!

first iteration



had a better idea when integrating
in my thrift store cabinet!
LOVE IT!

















i also managed to finish out some trim work that I needed to get done as well. I stained everything last night to prep for today and tried to do most of the installing today. Like everything...I seemed to have greatly underestimated how much trim I needed and will have to do another round to finish it all up.


before

after

before

after

before

after


even found a transition threshold for the two floors.



At least it is coming along....and I'm happy.




And check out this cool tool the paint-advice guy told me was indispensable!  (Yeah, I'm a sucker and bought one!)

10 tools in one
i'm pulling out the hidden screwdriver!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...