Thursday, May 3, 2018

paint f-up!

Today I took my ordered 5 gal of elastomeric paint for the T1-11 siding to Home Depot to get the colors mixed in.
They told me to order it online and do as much so I followed their instructions. Yet, this is what happened....


Yeah, not quite the beautiful deep dark blue of the ocean abyss that I had in mind! The guy explained that because they don't sell the elastomeric paint the computer didn't have the correct formula for coloring and it was only able to add three gallons worth of color before the bucket was about to overflow! With no solution on hand, I had to go another route.

Luckily, home depot made the mistake and gave me a full refund....I went straight to the paint experts down the road at Sherman Williams. Where I met this painter of 40 years who gave me sound advice...use the Resilience with a primer and you'll be fine!

So, he walked me through the store as if he worked there and loaded me up with all that i needed!


So, glad....sometimes, making all the major decisions is tough work....I can get caught inside my own head wondering what is the best path to take....and sometimes there isn't a BEST path ....just a good enough for now path!

It's not compromising....it's moving forward the best I can....at least I'm still moving....and sometimes, that's all that really matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...