Saturday, June 2, 2018

painting loops

I'm looping again....
trying to take it all in stride....
I feel like I'm in painting hell....
Yet, at the same time, I know it's what I need to do, not only for the ultimate waterproofing and preservation of my house and the wood I've used, but for my ego and breaking down the wall that contains me.

I've spent the last week or so redoing all the grey paint, not only on the roof but on the joists as well....I decided using the acrylic there is the best option....nothing will ever rot out those boards!

It''s been a long and tedious process....painting in between each joist has caused so much pain in my neck, my hands and my butt! But, I can feel the worth of doing it...so I keep on going. I decided not to use the fabric they gave me for the roof as I feel it is unnecessary and even more time-consuming. I probably should have figured out a better way to fix the material I have on the tops of the beams from the roof, but...at this point, I'm sure what I have done is plenty good enough!

I also managed to trim out the stern edges with PVC...I can't paint another board! Uggg...costs extra, but 0 maintenance in the future! (sounds good to me right now!)

Yeah, I was anti-white trim...but it's growing on me....plus, I have a friend (Mervi!) who recently turned me back on to white and the joys of it....it is lightness and airy...how I strive to be...even in the middle of heavy intimidating projects....

because, as our mantra in California last weekend....i chose this....and there will be SNACKS! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...