Saturday, November 4, 2017

Lofty dreams

The slow day today was "heightened" by building the loft walls.

For such small walls...22 inches to be exact....They were the most complicated to build. Making sure the header and the window fit within the space with proper support took some figuring out....But we did it!

(Got more help from Dave my carpenter mentor friend)
After a few lessons in the importance of measuring three time nailing once (wink wink) we managed to get them together and nailed into place by sunset!

Today even more than before I’m learning how important accurate measurements are. And what things are okay to fudge and what things  must be exact!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...