Tuesday, January 30, 2018

octagon frame and more t&g

wow...if you would have asked me to make a frame for an octagon window even a month ago I don't think I would have done it this quickly (or as well). Amazing to see my skill and confidence level increasing so much!

I looked it up online and got long drawn out explanations...asked carptenter friend Dave and got...
"take a board and draw the diagonal line across the window to the other side to get first angle cut...then just measure the desired width and keep using the same angle. Seemed simple enough to me! And with only a minor fitting issue I knocked this thing out in about 20 min. (and hint, hint, the chop saw has a red circled 22/12 degrees which is the perfect angle for octagon windows!)
not bad for my first framed window!

also got a good system going on the rest of the cedar! LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...