Wednesday, January 31, 2018

a little more of everything tonight

Right now it's all about keeping going.

I can see the finish line, this is the fun part...when spring hits and I have some warmer weather, it'll get heavy again...literally, as I will be building a big frame for more barrels and have to shift gears again.

So, in the meantime, I'm enjoying the hell outta this finer detailed work and the artistic side of this process.

I added the rest of the long cedar boards tonight and am shy just a few...I'm putting my intention out there to the universe to not have to buy another pack of boards since I only need one or two (not eight)....I think I may have an idea too!


I've almost finished my insulations....yeah i know I still haven't wired the lights, but at least the insulation is pretty easy to deal with. All, except for that bad batch I got from Jackson Lumber Yard, it's like soggy diapers a huge difference between the blocks I've been getting.

I think I'm gonna have to complain. Although, if it doesn't ruin the insulating properties of the stuff I may as well keep it since it's already in place. I'm not one to waste and would hate to see it all getting trashed for no reason.

I also took another stab at my electrical issue building my in-wall extension chord. Another pair of eyes showed me I wasn't lining up the wires correctly with the screws and the holes and a little-indented section of the inside of the housing.

yet another redo..
straighten everything

see all the lost ends in the
background!?

now to be more conscious of the
direction of the curl

hot wire looking better

neutral straightened up

I thought this was my prob..
NOT.
Come to find out that these larger holes were NOT where the wires needed to come out. The three holes on the bottom were correct after all. So, after a fourth or so time undoing everything I finally got them in the right holes, in the right direction and after struggling pushing it down about 20 iterations, FINALLY got it to "snap" into place.

That sound was such a relief! The problem after that was how to make it less wiggly in the housing. I attached it to the face plate and I managed to find a few screws for the back of the housing to try to secure the inside component. It's not as tight as I imagined but at least it seems it will hold the pushing and pulling of the end of the attached extension chord.

This little project was WAY harder than I ever imagined, but I didn't want to give up and hand it over to someone else. We do this way too often in life with lots of stuff. But, in hindsight, if we buckle down and slow down and break it down (still asking advice and opinions is fine) then we will see WE CAN DO IT....whatever IT is!


So keep "plugging" away....i did, and now....I have a plug I can use! 
(crossing my fingers still! 😁)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...