Friday, February 2, 2018

storage loft and electricity


First off, I found out that Tuesdays and Thursdays Home Depot has a discard pile of wood that is marked down to about $1 (orange) - $4 (purple) per board depending on what kind. 


This is a common view lately
 Second of all, it's a pain in the ass to try to straighten those suckers! It's not worth the $2 savings on studs that's for sure!
trying to straighten crooked ways

my techniqu
 I had to use quite a bit of force to get this guy lined up....yeah, I splurge for straight next time it comes to using full length boards...lesson learned!
checking for squareness...
takes one to know one! ;-)


And there she is...my new storage loft!
Already put to good use!

The other goal for today was to get the electricity outlet hooked up. My friend Dave stopped by to check on my work and after some troubleshooting he realized that although I had hooked things up correctly, there was a broken wire inside the sheathing we weren't aware of. So, he took it to fix for tomorrow....nice guy!
got the blue electrical box ready for power.

dying for a closer look?!
finishing the cedar walls

this is where my stairs will go in this weekend

pre-stair view
---

Me shadow dancing to the finished work!
 The rest of the night was prepping and having some fun with the puzzle and artistic freedom putting up the barn board was! I LOVE this part of the process...so much fun now!
Working on wall sheathing where the counter will go...
I love how the barnboard turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...