Thursday, January 4, 2018

tree post

Today the big storm rolled in and blanketed the city in a white fluffy powder that magically transforms melancholy into smiles. The light airiness of the snow has a power to lift your spirits if you let it. And I let it.

I wanted to bring nature into my home and connect with her in a different way. One way I've dreamt of doing that is by having a tree in my house...like a tree house. Sounded magical, so today I went out to make it happen!

Friends with property let me scout out the perfect candidate for my plans and after trekking around on my skis for a little bit and comparing a few, I found one! She reached fairly straight and had a girth that would suit my needs.
There's my tree!

she's tall and lean, but strong and stable

I cut with intention and respect...

....in awe of her story.

hauling her out on my skis

she fits so nicely in my car!

She fits so nicely in my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...