Thursday, May 24, 2018

blue-tiful

Oh my stars!
Or "starless night" I might say....since that is my paint color of choice for the exterior.

I like to have meaning sprinkled throughout my choices lately, makes me feel more hugely involved in my own life and mindful of my choices....so believe it or not, the exterior color of my home is no exception!

Blue...a deep dark mysterious blue, one that pulls you into the depths of calm and inquiring...that can look black on some days and a brilliant blue on others depending on the surrounding conditions (kind of how I can feel all black and blue literally and figuratively). It's the color of special eyes that have a window to the soul. It's always been one of my favorite colors. It's the color of my element....water. It represents the vast oceans and also endless skies both within and without. And since we are all stars...it is where I belong....in the starless night to take up space!

Now that you have the meaning....here's the mechanics of how today went.....

Well, it started of with lots of stars....Like wtf*ck and sh*t.*** :-)

I cleaned the paint sprayer after the primer, but evidently not quite good enough...I managed to deal with it for the bow wall, the loft wall and starting the starboard wall...but...well, Jackson Pollack is probably the only one who would have said "Keep going, looks great!"
actually quite artistic...

just not great for waterproof coverage!

I managed to get frustrated enough to take it apart and do a thorough cleaning. And boy, did I learn my lesson about THOROUGH! 

After I cleaned it up and had it all working smoothly again, not only did it go faster ....it was way more FUN! (and I'm all about making things more fun these days!)

It still took way longer than I had anticipated...I was up before the crack of dawn and didn't finish everything until around 3:30pm!

Oh well, coat one is on and will have a day or two to cure before the next rain storm. 

Then....round two....wanted to type I'm not looking forward to it...but hey, gotta enjoy the process...so....YEAH...I can't fecking wait to do this all over again! Yipee!











had this side done by 7:30am

and eight hours later (what! seriously!?) First coat on the "boat"!

Ok, I'm happy with how it looks...stoked for the deeper coverage of round two!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...