Thursday, May 31, 2018

some flower power

I bought some LED colored lights that I love...they have a remote control and make it so nice being able to change colors according to my mood or needs. However I didn't want to just mount them as is on the wall....I wanted to be able to bend them down for reading or up for dancing!

So I started to think about it as I walked the isles of Home Depot and talked to associates to get ideas. Then BINGO it hit me! I used conduit with wires in it that was wide enough to accept the plug end of the light into the transformer.... It bends great and was easy to cut with hedge clippers!

cutting the chords

cool! everything fits like planned

Sketching out with proper tools ;-)



The goal would then be to use blocks of wood to create flower heads (I'm trying to bring nature indoors).... then I could mount the light on the wood and use the wood to conceal the tubing with the wires. I might do the same thing at the other end to mount it on the wall near the transformer and the remote sensor. Can't believe I'm making my own lamp fixtures! Wow! this is so fun!
     
just need to cut it out and I've got me some flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...