Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Tung it baby!

Taking my time trying to do it "right" I have sanded my countertops and previously applied a coat of tung oil and gave it 24 hours to cure.

Tonight I applied a second coat and am so happy with the natural beauty that is being exposed from the process...
below...rough cut lumber natural
above...treated with two coats of tung oil!

It's been fun, on this journey, to build things from scratch getting as close to nature as I can...
I'm learning more about the natural nature of things, how much I can do on my own, as well as how to bring out my own natural state in the process.

Going back to the basics, simplifying my life and the things in it, reducing, reusing and finding renewed enthusiasm each day in learning from nature has guided me in this journey....it's brought a youthful joy back into my life...and like the wood...the before and after images show a huge and beautiful change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...