Friday, June 29, 2018

artistic freedom and fun!

Cambyr inspired me to pull an all-nighter with her working on my newest vision....

(She by the way...inspired by my work, decided to build her own custom furniture for her clothes...I LOVE mutual inspiration...and I love being this kind of example to my kids!)
Cambyr moving from cardboard to wood for the first time!

When I was at Home Depot buying the trim for the rest of the house I talked to a guy about my latest idea and he pointed me to the proper material for the job! Better still, it was slightly damaged so he gave me an expensive 1/2 sheet of PVC for half off! Yeah, now the project was much more affordable!

I started with a clean fresh sheet and some long sheets of paper that were just gifted to me serendipitously!

clean sheet of PVC

yes, amazing what comes from
listening to your heart!


I actually had so much fun drawing and cutting out the designs then fitting them as tightly as I could to maximize my use of the PVC sheet.
my homemade stencils
laying them out to fit


so fun deciding what to do next....

I outlined them and cut them with a jig-saw and then tested out the three spray paint cans I bought to see what kind of technique I would use.

But then, I was exhausted and Cambyr was too. Time to get some sleep and get back to it as soon as I woke up! Yeah, finally excited about doing more work on the little place! Being able to balance the MUST DO stuff with the WANT TO DO stuff really helps to take it all in stride and truly ENJOY the journey!

--------------------------------------------------------
Got some sleep and cut everything out and laid them out on the grass out back to decide on a final layout...
This was the winner!

Then I trimmed out the rest of the place....and with the left-over pieces even trimmed out the loft, which I hadn't planned on doing! BONUS!

It's really starting to come together now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...