Sunday, October 14, 2018

All fired up

it’s been a long break with summer fun and lots of fall travel. Back from trips to Maryland, Pennsylvania, South Korea, Iceland, Ireland and England and now I’m ready to focus again in getting things done in my little home!

Today I installed the last section of pipe for my stove so it would be higher than the loft and I started up the stove! I realized I had been scared to light it up...since I installed all of this myself, I was nervous I may have done something wrong and lighting a fire would possibly burn something or smoke me out unexpectedly.

Well, I had to just extinguish those fears, come up with a backup plan and just light my fire!
This little grizzly really throws the heat! I’m super impressed! I’ve had an electric space heater running all night and it was still chilly inside, one little bit of wood and paper and my little home feels nice and toasty! I love being off the grid!


I think I need to play around with the settings, after a little while I did start to notice smoke inside. Not sure why yet. Another mystery to figure out. Stay tuned...or better yet...leave comments to help me troubleshoot!

Ok read the operating manual and found this golden nugget...


Nontoxic smoke will be emitted during the first hour of operation as the paint is
curing. Open windows or hatches as required to vent cabin. Or you can cure the paint outdoors by attaching a couple sections of stove pipe to the stove and lighting it outside. To eliminate the odor can take up to 20 – 30 hours of burn time.

Feeling better I did things right...burning off the shit so I can keep warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...