Thursday, October 18, 2018

Breaking it down

Spent some time this evening with my recovering sick child dismantling the stove so I can get it up and running...temperatures are now dipping into the mid 40sF (7C) so having the fire roaring is a must now!

The stuff around the pipes came off beautifully (except for closest to the stove where a smallish section of the wrap fused to the pipe)...but the white Wrap elsewhere was like shrink wrap and left a gooey residue behind. Even the strongest tough adhesive and tar remover didn’t get it all off how I would have liked it. We did our best tonight and plan to reassemble it all tomorrow....stay tuned for the final reveal!

Scrubbing away the grime where it fused to the pipe  

Dismantled and almost cleaned


I kept laughing the whole time at the thought of me not realizing how obvious it was to take that protective wrap off...even when reading the warnings, for some reason it completely escaped me. So often I see this same thing with friends, family and acquaintances...something so obviously wrong in their own life that is not even on the radar for them....some will never see it, some will after the “damage” has been done, and some will wake up quickly and work their hardest to rectify it before it gets out of hand. Sometimes we are so close to it it’s hard to notice, that’s why it is so important to stay aware and mindful and check in with our deepest truest selves....as well as check in with our deepest truest friends...often we and they will have the insights our busy external selves will miss or even purposefully avoid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...