Monday, October 15, 2018

Can I be any slower?

Ok, I'm not talking about slow as in the progress of my final touches (like the floating part of this "floating" home with heart)...I'm talking unwrapping packages properly!

That smoke I was getting yesterday (and ...gulp, today) was from the protective film wrapped around my entire stove!

OMG....I can be so dense at times (ok don't all agree at once...those who personally know me!)

Yeah, I was so upset that all the pieces were "painted" white and that my pipes had writing on them. Then OMG the Cubic mini guy writes me after I send him the pic from yesterdays post and exclaims...
"BUT you still have the protective film on the wall mount and the pipe. It MUST be removed, if not it can melt and get fused to the metal. Also that can be what is smoking. Thank you"

Well it finally dawned on me that it could be peeled away! DOH.

It takes a big Wo-man to admit her faults and this one is really knocking me out of my ego....which is good...I'm always trying to find ways to keep that three letter word in check anyway. 

So, now I get to spend the next little while dismantling everything to get it all sparkly silver and then...then I can use my stove in comfort!

Please, some newby learn from my mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...