Friday, November 30, 2018

Thankful for thoughtful friends

The place had been sitting there.... Burn marks....debris...half tasks left abandoned....

reflecting the mess I felt in the inside since this all happened. 

It almost felt as if the universe was handing me a direct message that said..."just a little warning...dreaming big in this way isn't the direction you should be going." Crazy but true..I pondered that feeling for a couple weeks until I found myself openly discussing it with myfriend Nannette. She came over to talk...but to my big and pleased surprise she brought gloves and cleaning supplies with her and said she was ready to get to work.

She was a much needed positive boost helping me to remember that this "message" from the universe wasn't a deterrent...but an opportunity. One I may get not realize right way, but one I would see eventually. In an oversight on scheduling  I was needed elsewhere and hadn't done much cleaning. Nanette held down the fort and told me she was just going to hang out and do what she could while I was gone.  By the time I came back...Nanette was gone and so was the chaos and mess inside!



Renewal is what I felt upon seeing the cleanliness and organization....
Deep Friendship is what I understood from this act....
And a new perspective is what I gained....

We build beautiful things in our lives, 
And sometimes we inadvertently damage those things...
The pain from it is always temporary...
And there is always a way to Heal it again...
With some work...
...And quite often a faithful friend by your side
Who understands, relationships aren't only about the Good times...
But in supporting each other through the bad times.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...