Wednesday, January 10, 2018

custom solution...

I'm trying to figure out how to install the tree I have that will support one corner of my loft. I came up with this idea and sketched it out in OnShape
After talking with a friend at work I was recommended to have it fabricated at Custom Welding in East Nottingham (right off of Route 4) or similar. He also mentions to "have them cut a disk say 8 inches in diameter and a quarter inch +/- thick and weld a stub one inch in diameter and six inches long in the center." he also reminded me that "drilling out the base of the tree is not trivial as any offset and the tree will stand crooked."

I might need to go a less aesthetically pleasing route just to not fuck up the way I want the tree to stand...and I so love my tree, I really don't want to mess her up!

In the meantime...I need to identify what kind of tree this is! If you have any clue....let me know!

upclose on her bark.

that's her...right in the middle leaning slightly left





No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...