Thursday, February 8, 2018

Finishing another wall and making furniture

I try to get in s few hours of work most days during the week and then more on Fridays to make up for time away on weekends.  Gotta keep pushing if I'm gonna have this thing in the water in April and mostly done by March!

This week's pecking away focused on finishing covering the bow wall and getting the futon platform ready for assembly.

I decided to do the lower part of the wall in the 1/4 inch plywood that I did the loft walls in. It's inexpensive , lightweight and fast! And since the counter will be there and it will be storage under the counter... No sense in wasting money on more expensive barnboard that won't be seen.

I stained it after I installed it this time so I could get some working space back.
I also strained my boards for the futon couch and got the legs ready for assembly.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...