Friday, February 23, 2018

Last walls are sheathed...

Feeling under the weather for the first time in over three years...All the long days and overnighter weekend nights are finally catching up to me...But it will be worth it when I get to relax and enjoy the fruits of my labors!

I only managed to finish one main goal this week...But it was a big one. To finish the major wall sheathing..
it was so great having Cambyrs yelp placing these twelve foot board and working them into the grooves. It was super satisfying being able to teach her how to waste them in without damaging the grooves as well as teaching her to cut angle cuts and watching her iterate through the process of getting the cut she was looking for.

She was so happy when it finally fit. Kids..And adults...Need more moments if you're victory like this in our lives. It helps us feel accomplished and confident and inspires new ideas with our newly earned knowledge!

This wall is nearly complete just need to do a tad over the storage loft.

This wall is now complete, just waiting for trim. Oh how satisfying it was to leave for my Vermont weekend knowing this was done...And most of the insulation is finally covered up.
.It was also a great practical math exercise for Cambyr. I had asked her to calculate how many more twelve foot board I would need to buy to finish this wall. She walked me through the reasonings for her calculations then handed me the big number....Nine more board. I went to the store and bought eight...And had two left over...But still have a small section to finish.. pretty good ...She was only two boards off her calculations! A great practical lesson for real life use in mathematics! Home schooling is the best!!!

--/
I took advantage of the unseasonably warm weather this week by prepping the outside for some work too...Had to move all the outer hurricane straps to ready then for adding another 2x6 x24 board to the outer edges of the raft. It was tedious...But I'm buckled down and meditated through the whole process knowing to would ultimately strengthen my floating foundation. 
--
Cambyr also painted two test boards with deep blue to help me decide which one...I'm definitely going the deeper darker  blue...It's calling to me and I can already see it as the perfect backdrop to how I'm gonna do the trim and decorative effects. Lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...