Saturday, February 17, 2018

redo...we always have a second chance...

I created stairs to make it more convenient to get up to the loft without the ladder...but I wasn't thrilled with how they came out. A bit messy...more like trapezoids than rectangles and inconsistent. But the bigger problem was the fact that to do the sheathing on the wall behind the stairs would have been a huge pain in the ass cutting up around all the stairs. So, I decided to just take the stairs down, design them better, and put the 1/4 inch plywood paneling up on the stair wall.
removing the stairs to try again....we can always try again...it's never too late.
As I worked I felt inspired by AIR (something I am studying this month)....I just stainted (my version of painting with stains) following airs command ...guided by woods grain and ....

A thought of "too much" hit me...Am I using too many different shades, is this too much....Then I stopped and laughed thinking of who is the determiner of "too much", whose standard am I following... and kept going ...."there is no too much"..,,and this is what came of it...,
my 8x6 wall mural for the stairwell
I love it! I am utterly blown (wind-blown) away!
See in it what you will...what you need, it may change each time you look at it with different eyes...just like I do.


the view of the mural from the loft

the installed view from the main salon






No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...