Sunday, April 22, 2018

keyed in

Tired from traveling back from Chile all day, yet rested from two weeks off from the build....I came home today and immediately got to work on the next phase of my floating home...Securing the premises!

I had ordered a lock set before I left for Chile and was hoping I'd be able to install everything myself. I looked at the instructions and was happy to know I COULD do this on my own. It really wasn't difficult after I read the instructions over a few times to make sure I really understood the whole process.

My only problem is that the inset part of the lock (called the pre-reachout I learned) looks like it needs to be replaced as it is not able to be finely adjusted and so on the rare occasion I can actually lock the door with the key (which is inconsistent) it still has a gap at the opening when attempting to pull the doors apart.

Luckily, I can order one online and should be ready to go in no time!

With the area secure, I feel better about having the stove and mattresses moved in and no unwanted visitors can snoop around now! :-)

wow...it's starting to feel so official now!

the pre-reachout i need to replace: part 1

the pre-reachout i need to replace: part 2

The new order needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insurance at last!

I haven't given up. I just needed to walk away and take a break. So, I am walking 2,000+ miles from Georgia to Maine on the appalachian ...